Saturday, July 31, 2010

First day of school

We are back from Egypt and it is my first day of school! I am so excited to meet new people, kids my age. That bus driver looks a little odd though, I am a bit nervous riding this bus all by myself. I am sure it will all be fine, it is only a 15 minute drive to school. We live on the beach.
This is our house. It is three stories, although the third is just the master suite. Mother stays in there now since Grandmother passed away. She said she got all new furniture to decorate the room with.

It is really a lovely place to live, and the sound of the ocean is so relaxing. My room is on the second floor, in the room my mother used to stay in. The second story is actually two bedrooms one full bath and a library/study. One of the bedrooms is for my room, and the second is a play room, with all my toys in it.

While I was at school one day, Mother answered a knock at the door and there stood my father. He told my mother that he had come to apologize for his outstanding behavior and attempt to build a relationship with her and I. He would try the family route.

When I got home from school, Mother told me that Ameen (my father) had come, and he had gone out to find a job. he was going to stay with us for a while. This was kind of sudden to me, but then I had only met him once and did not have a very good impression of him that time. He did not even seem to care that I existed when we visited him in Egypt. Maybe he changed his mind? As usual, since he was still out searching for jobs, I sat and did my homework so i could stay on the honor roll. While I did that, Mother brought down a special present for me, something my father brought with him. He had gotten me a little stove to cook cupcakes and cookies in. That was a very nice gesture, maybe he had changed his mind about having a family.

While I waited for my father to get back I tried out that little stove. It was so fun to bake! Pretty soon I was baking everything that I could, for hours I stood there making cookies, brownies, and cupcakes too.
I even sold some of my wares that evening at the city park. My uncle Brayden came up and talked to me for a little bit. He asked if my mother had reached her goal of becoming that movie composer she always wanted to be. I said she did and she was very happy about it.
He bought some brownies and went back to his home. It was also time for me to go back home too, curfew rules.

When I got home, Mother told me it was time for bed. She said she was sorry, and knew I wanted to wait up for Ameen but tomorrow was a school day, and she did not know when he would be back. She went upstairs with me, to tuck me in. While she was putting me to bed, she asked me if I would have a problem with my father staying with us. I told her I did not have a problem with it, as long as she was happy.

1 comment: