Saturday, July 24, 2010

Grandmothers time

My grandmother went on a job, she is top of the career in investigation. She absolutely loves that job. She has actually just bought a van and painted it camouflage to blend in better. We got a call from the police department while she was working, and we were informed that she passed away. Mother isn't sure how to break it to me I guess, but she tells me that Grandmother will not be coming home, and she is in a better place.
*
The police informed my mother that Grandmother pleaded her life be spared to see her grand baby grow. She was denied her request but told that she could watch over her children and grandchild. So she reluctantly went with death.
*
My grandmother was a town hero 3 times over, so she has a highly decorated stone to represent her. It will actually be kept here at the police department as a reminder of this wonderful lady. It seems like she was not just a hero to me, but to everyone. May she rest in peace.
* I will miss you Grandmother,
your sweet kisses, and happy tales.
Compared to your snuggles,
everything else pales.

2 comments:

  1. Awww so sad :( That's a pretty cool tombstone! I would love to see more pictures of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, most of the family has disappeared! I think they have moved out of town. Riley (the mother) was 1 child out of 5, there is only one other sister still around...

    ReplyDelete