Thursday, February 1, 2018

Life in Murkland - Week 5


Dear diary,

So I got off my campsite today, wandering around Murkland, found a little space where someone had left some food. It still looked super good, so I ate some. Hope the people don't mind, I didn't see anyone around though. To be honest I was getting quite lonely. It felt like I hadn't talked to anyone in a long time. I don't know if that's actually true, but that's what it felt like. Perhaps it was just a mood swing. I was quite down in the dumps this particular day. Matter of fact, I do that a lot on Sundays. Anyway, I'm gloomy, that's me. Oh, and peeing in the bushes is getting super old. I try and wear my bathing suit a lot, so it's easier to just go where I want. Doesn't matter though, I still feel filthy every time.


 I've been playing my violin a lot lately. Sunday's tunes were rather melancholy. Mood reflector. Also, while I was standing there, minding my own business, playing my strings, some flames lept out and caught me on fire! I was so shocked, but acted fast. No lasting damage, but I'll have to fix my bathing suit. I tried to do some yoga after that. Maybe that could help me relax, or change my mood at least. Two poses in, I feel flat on my back. It wasn't comfortable and didn't help me do anything but get more depressed. Moving on, I went back to my violin, but playing on the side of the road instead of by the fire.

















It was a beautiful sunset Sunday. Breathtaking. Even if it's hard to appreciate your surroundings when you feel down in the dumps, I can tell you that it truly was lovely. The roads of Murkland seemed awful quiet too. Normally bustling with residents going places - it was eerily empty.

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention! My plants are doing really really well. I evolve a few of them every day. I can't wait until I can give the mayor those perfect plants.


 Dear diary,

Monday morning was lovely. The dawning of a beautiful and busy day. Not much happened of note though. I woke super early, ate some breakfast, used the bushes, and headed off to the hot springs. They weren't very hot though, pretty chilled actually. I did meet Mad Mud there! We sat in the water talking for a while, he even came back to the campsite with me. We played some cards and just got to know each other a bit. He seems like an interesting fellow, multiple mood swings though, kind of like me. When he left, I took care of my plants and then poked at the fire. Nothing special.












Dear diary,

I hate waking up super early. I did Wednesday. The only thing I did was laundry. It's getting piled up actually, since I only do laundry on Wednesdays, I think I make more than I clean. Perhaps I'll change less often. Probably a good choice.

This morning was nuts. That's actually what has driven me to leave Murkland for a bit. I woke up to the earth shaking! I'll never get used to this, it scared the crap out of me! SO right then I decided to make plans to visit Granite Falls again, just to get away. I shouldn't be spending my money like this, but I just can't handle another quake. At least Granite Falls has some semblance of a bathroom, even if it is disgusting.








I've spent a lot of today fishing here. I caught a voodoo doll!! I can't imagine what I'll do with it, but I'm going to hang onto it for now. If I catch any more I'll probably sell them. I understand they are worth a lot. On the way back to my campsite I found some strange bugs. They were so super cute, I had to collect them. I think they are called Dust Sprites, don't know if they are worth anything but they are too cute to sell anyway. I'll keep them. I played horse-shoes for a while before wandering off to find a bench to sleep on. It was morning before I fell asleep. I slept most of the day, now here I am writing in my journal. Tomorrow, I think I'll go see my Hermit friend. I miss him, and since I'm in the area, I'll definitely visit. After I shower. I can't go see him all stinky like this!









~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for joining me on these fun, and sometimes sad, days! Atom has had a rough week but perhaps seeing her friend will pull her out of her current depression. I do hope so, for her sake. 

Tune in next week to see how everything plays out!

No comments:

Post a Comment