Monday, January 29, 2018

Life in Murkland - Week 4

Dear diary,

Monday and Tuesday were pretty uneventful. I was doing so much digging, collecting, and fishing that I didn't even bother with hot springs visit on Monday. I think by Wednesday morning, my stench was pretty much gag worthy. So, I did head to the hot springs for a clean up. There was no one there, and I didn't bring anyone along with me because I really needed to get done fast and get back to work on my garden and laundry. Usually I don't even go bathe on Wednesday, but since I skipped Monday - I figured I'd be okay.












My garden is doing super well! I now have a full set of 16 plants, like the Mayor requested. I'm so excited about them. Now I just need to get their quality up and up until they are perfect. Soon enough I'll learn how to apply fertilizer at the right times and in the right doses. I still eat trash fruit for breakfast every morning, get me moving. Now I can eat from my own plants, since they are bearing fruits!

Doing the laundry takes a lot of arm muscle, and boy does it tire me out. Once I get it all hung out on the lines I'm just exhausted and hungry. Normally I'd cook up some trash fruit on the grill, but this day I had enough potatoes to make a big batch of them. They were super delish and I think I might have to start saving up my potatoes more often to eat.













After I finished my dinner, I stood by the fire and played some violin. I happened to find one of these in a nearby trash bin! I was happy about it, I'll learn a new skill and have something else to do. Of course, I'm completely terrible at this, since I've never played before. It's funny, while I was playing someone came over just to tell me what a horrible violinist I was! That's okay though, I know full and well. The guy that came over seemed pretty rude actually, but we chatted for a bit before I went to bed.


Dear Diary

So, Thursday kicked off bright and early with a small earthquake! I've never experienced one and I was scared out of my wits! Dragged me right out of bed it did, and I wasn't even fully rested. I needed to calm my nerves somehow, and was not in the mood for gardening. So I lit my campfire and played my new violin for a little while. That had me concentrating too hard on what to do with my bow and strings to think about the earth falling out from under my feet. After that I spent almost all of the rest of the day in my garden. 16 plants take up a lot of time. I'm really surprised at how much time I spend tending to my little ones. It's all worth it though, when I taste a fruit and it's better than it was when they first sprouted.


So for dinner, I threw some logs on my fire and got it going strong. Turned around to get some of those yummy hotdogs out of the cooler, but when I turned back, things were not as I left them! My chair was engulfed in flames! I was so shocked... mostly because the chair is metal, and I'm not sure how it was alight. I guess there are some parts on there that are flammable though. I whipped out the fire extinguisher that's on the lot and put those flames out. I felt so proud of such a show of heroism!

After that fiasco I decided not to make hotdogs and pulled out some of my potatoes. After changing clothes, I grilled them up and sat on the cooler to have some. What's super crazy, is that as I was eating this (fabulous) grilled potato, the earth decided to move again! Startling the crap out of me, and made me drop my food.


Well, when that shock was over, and I finished my meal, I decided that I was done for the day. I re-lit my fire, yeah I know - but hey, gotta keep warm, and just sat there. It was nice, sitting there. Even if I was just waiting for something else bad to happen. But, after all that had happened, I guess I just was emotionally exhausted, and fell asleep in my chair. When I woke up, the fire had gone out and the sun was almost down. So I retired to my tent.


Dear diary,

I've spent all of Friday and today just fishing and collecting things... nothing exciting. Nothing noteworthy at all. I did happen to run across someone selling a yoga mat today. I bought it. I mean, why not? Something to do, and a new skill to learn! Perhaps I'll set it up tomorrow and begin my new week with some stretching. Maybe I'll even plan a trip to Granite Falls!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for joining Atom this week with her crazy adventures! I hope you enjoyed catching up.

Tune in next week to see what she might be up to.

Feel free to join my Discord channel Here! I have a channel just for Murkland pictures, come and share yours! 

1 comment: