Monday, February 5, 2018

Life in Murkland - Week 6

Dear diary,

Well, I went to visit my friend today! When I woke up, I headed directly to the showers. On the way there I spotted a couple of types of bugs that I just couldn't resist catching. I've got quite a collection going, and these two weren't in it. Got some stink bugs and Manti! Very neat bugs. Anyway, as soon as I caught them and stowed them away, I got in the shower. It was so icky! There was some gooey stuff everywhere, and so many bugs. Mosquitoes mainly. Eh well, the water was warm enough and I'm mostly clean now. Mostly.

So all clean I headed back to the little briar patch brambles and tried to pick my way through them without pain. Not to mention trying to remember the path I took to get there last time. I do miss my friend and I can't wait to see him.








When I finally broke through to the other side, I saw him walking by and gave a shout. He turned and gave me the biggest grin. I'm glad he was happy to see me, I didn't want to intrude. I jogged up to him and he wrapped me in a warm hug. I asked him how he was and we chatted for just a moment before he said he was actually busy with something, to give him a little while and he could come talk and spend time with me. Of course, I gave him that space, and went of to fish while he did his thing.

He sought me out when he was done with his chore, and we hung out. After a lot of catching up, we did some cloud gazing. As it started to get dark, I started to sigh often. I was going to have to leave soon, my trip time was ending. I had only paid for a 2 day stay. I stood to leave and embraced him. I let him know that he was, and would always be, my best friend. I smiled when he told me the feeling was mutual. I wish he could come stay with me, but I'd never ask him to leave this paradise for my little ol' campsite. I waved to him repeatedly as I left his little patch of heaven.








Dear diary,

Well, I've been back home for a couple days, and it's been good. I apparently left a lot of clothes piles laying around when I left, and when I went through the pockets I found about §150! I was amazed. I'll have to remember to check my pockets all the time.

So the night I got back I was just sitting outside my campsite and some weird raccoon came up to me. I was a little weirded out, but I responded in kind when she (I think it was a she) started to talk to me. She sounded real funny. We were just starting to talk about where she came from when someone else came up to me and gave me a dirty look. "Why are you talking to this monster?" She had asked me. I was just gonna tell her to bugger off when the raccoon dropped her head and sulked away. Oh well. A couple more girls came up and chatted with me a bit after that rude lady left. They were kind of cool, but I can't remember their names for the life of me. Also, it seems like many people around here have adopted a nudist lifestyle. I just don't think I could do it!

Before bed I took care of my plants. They're doing really well. I can't wait to give my progress to the Mayor.








Dear diary,

I paid my bills late. Ooops, but at least they were paid! I was in Granite Falls when they came, and just forgot to pay them until Thursday. Well, the rest of the week went by fast. I busied myself with chores. Did my laundry Wednesday, paid the bills and did my garden all day Thursday. Boy my plants are growing strong. There were quite a few that went up in their quality that day! I am so excited.


One of these past few days, I was just practicing my violin when some creepy guy just came up and stared yelling at me and complaining about my noise. I didn't know what to tell him. I asked him why he couldn't just mind his business, since I was on my property. He huffed a few times and told me the sound wasn't staying on my property, and that he had a right to complain about it. After that he just stomped away. Oh well. I'm not gonna let that guys bad day stop me from doing my thing. I kept playing. Got bored of it after a while though and switched to yoga. One day I'll get this stuff perfected.

Compared to last week, this one has gone pretty well. I'm glad I went to Granite Falls at the beginning, maybe that - having a change of scenery - helped to get me out of my slump. I wonder what next week will bring. I need to make some more friends, perhaps I'll get off my property and try to do that.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for joining us this week! Atom actually had a great time. She kept her mood up and tried not to let anything bring her down.

Stop by in a few days to see how her adventures in socializing turn out!

1 comment: