Monday, April 4, 2011

Chapter 20

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 20
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I fell asleep that night begging for an answer to come to me in my sleep.

When I awoke, I looked around my room. Getting out of the bed I made my way to the sink. While I washed my hands I thought of how great it was to have plumbing, not having to wash in the ocean or ponds.

I rinsed my hands off and watched the bubbles disappear down the drain.
It was then that I made my decision. I was going to stay. Maybe the bubbles were symbolic to me, maybe I knew it all along and just came to my senses - whatever it was that made me realise I wanted to stay, I was thankful for it. I had worked hard on that raft - it made sense at the time, but I had it so good there. Akolo was so wonderful.
Now I just had to go find Akolo.













Waiata kissed me good morning, and as I went to make my own breakfast, he asked me for his as well. I gave him his favorite - a banana - and roasted some cod for myself. It was still burning hot as I swallowed it down. Then I headed out of my area in search of my love.


When I entered the village square I was immediately greeted by Nahini.
"Good Morning!" she said.

 "Morning Nahini, have you seen Akolo?"
"No, is there something wrong?" I could tell that Nahini was concerned.
"He ran from the Luau upset because I plan to leave." I told Nahini.
I saw her brow furrow into a deeper concern. "My father was called away about something serious in the Jungle. If Akolo was highly upset... well I hope nothing has happened to him. You should go find out. Father went that way." She pointed to an opening in the forest line.
"Thank you!" I shouted over my shoulder as I went in the direction she pointed.

As I entered a small clearing, I spotted the Chief and his guard. Also there was Akolo.

"STAY BACK! I am cursed by the volcano!! I've come here to die alone, to protect my village!" Akolo shouted at me.

Rarahu spoke up, "It's too late, the curse has already spread."

"It is true! Hear the volcano's anger. We must flee! Akolo has the curse, we have seen this before!" Chief told me.
I realised what was happening. "So have I, and it's not a curse, it is just a disease. An illness."











Just then Nahini ran up to me, "It is a curse. I know because I brought it to the old village. I took the idol - I didn't mean to - when it breathed yellow smoke I threw it in the jungle. Then the curse appeared. It is all my fault."
"But it's not a curse. The idol breathed smoke on me too. I got really sick, but I found a cure. Medicine works! It's just an illness." I argued.

The Chief spoke, "Do not Blaspheme and do not touch Akolo - you will be cursed!"


"No, I won't, and I'll prove it to you." I said.

There was only one way to do this.
All astonished eyes were on me as I strutted without hesitation to Akolo.

I reached Akolo and without pause I planted my first kiss on his lips. I was happy that he didn't refuse me, or push me away. His lips felt wonderful on mine, so warm and velvety soft. I could have kept on kissing him.

Unfortunately the volano behind us burned a bright red and rumbled, shaking the earth beneath our feet.













"You have angered the volcano!!" The chief shouted over the noise. We all covered our ears and stepped away from the erupting volcano.

"No I didn't. Look at me!" I said back to him.
He studied me for a moment. "The curse did not affect you. How?"













"I told you. It is just a disease. I cured myself with the meds I found, now I am immune."

"Good, then you must share these medicines with the village!" Chief demanded.

I paused for a moment. "Well, I would, but there was only one dose left when I took it. It is all gone, and I don't know where or how to get more."













The Chief looked defeated. "Well curse or disease we must flee and leave Akolo and the others to die."
"NO! I can get more if I got home. I'm sure of it. Let me finish the raft." I insisited. I wasn't going to just let Akolo die.
"Fine, but you must hurry. This curse only takes a few days to kill its victims." Chief said, then he and his gaurd disappeared into the woods.

When the Chief was gone I approached Akolo. "Akolo, I am so sorry I hurt you. I don't want to leave anymore, I wish to stay with you. Forever." I stepped a little closer to him and felt the heat from his body.
"You make me happy Citryne." He took a deep breath and looked at me. "I'm strong, I will wait for you. Nothing will befall me, but you must be hasty."

As strong as he was trying to be, I saw the worry in his eyes. This disease was taking it's toll, and it hurt me to see Akolo suffering.

I leaned in and kissed him again. He happily returned the emotions I was poured into him. I felt his body tremble, and felt his hot skin on mine. 'He must have a really high fever, I have to hurry.' I thought to myself.
I pulled away from him and with a last look I ran off to my raft. I had to leave, now.

2 comments:

  1. Okay I am really ticked off about this spacing thing. I will figure it out one day, but I am tired of trying to fix it already. SO sorry about the weirdness. Maybe one day I will figure it out :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that occasionally with the pix, don't know why either but it won't let me fix it.

    I'm so happy to get back to Citryne's story! Never a dull moment :)

    ReplyDelete